Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another craigslist project.. A sears console with no raster.

The other day I got a call from an older man who needed a tv removed from his basement. He said it was a Sears console and that it worked, or at least he thought it worked.

When I arrived I scooted the set away from the wall and saw screws missing and sticking out of the back, so yeah something wasn't right. We fired it up and it had no raster. It appears you can see some static but the screen is too dark to tell. I loaded this set into my station wagon and took it home since there is no reason to refuse a free set. For the last few hours it has been sitting running. The condition hasn't changed since letting it sit so I don't think the CRT is bad in it. Out of 4 CRT testers only one I have can fit the picture tube, but it is missing the attachment, so the condition of the tube is unknown.

Mostly I am wondering if I should mess with it without knowing the condition of the tube. The CRT does give off a good flash when powering the set off which is not something I've seen in a bad tube.