Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Those have been inactive for my area since last August when they switched to digital encryption. Someone would have to optain one of those Harris radios that is authorized to monitor the radio traffic before it can be streamed. That ain't going to happen.
Gotta get TuneIn radio for a phone, iPad or Roku. I can stream all Police, Fire, EMS, and even the Nightingale Rescue Helo - latency is about 3 minutes, per the local cops. With my hearing aids, and bluetooth, I can stream radio to my head 24/7 without anyone even knowing....

https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/tunein-radio
There's also an app in the Itunes store, and possibly with Android as well.

Edit: Ooh! You can stream TuneIn radio from the web!!
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Gotta get TuneIn radio for a phone, iPad or Roku. I can stream all Police, Fire, EMS, and even the Nightingale Rescue..
Please check and let me know if Addison-Carrollton-Farmers Branch Texas is on their site. I bet not. That would defeat the whole purpose of these 3 cities banding together and blowing $12 million on a whole new communications center and Harris P25 radios.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:25 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Please check and let me know if Addison-Carrollton-Farmers Branch Texas is on their site. I bet not. That would defeat the whole purpose of these 3 cities banding together and blowing $12 million on a whole new communications center and Harris P25 radios.
With all the nerds that like cracking codes like HDMI's HDCP and such, and all the people playing with cheap SDR's hooked to powerful computers, and all the crooks that want early warning/citizens that like to keep track of their municipalities, if it ain't publicly cracked yet, give it time.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
http://tunein.com/search/?query=texas%20police

Scroll down to Stations, and click more when you reach the end of the list - there are 100s listed, and yes, Carrollton is listed.

Probably delayed (3-4 minutes latency) simplex, like our Police precincts - you only hear the cop, not dispatch. Still interesting, as the cops repeat much of what is being said by dispatch. Something like "Dispatch, 224, show me as responding to the disturbance at 112 Main Street."
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
http://tunein.com/search/?query=texas%20police

Scroll down to Stations, and click more when you reach the end of the list - there are 100s listed, and yes, Carrollton is listed.
Thanks but... as usual nothing. My city, Farmers Branch, not listed at all. If they could monitor Carrollton they could also monitor Farmers Branch since they share the same communications system. Proir to last August they shared the same Motorola trunking system

Attached Images
File Type: jpg carrmon1.jpg (43.7 KB, 54 views)
Audiokarma
Old 02-01-2017, 10:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=lnx64;3175992]Well, I'm not really sure how to go about this one. The cop must have been a complete idiot is all I can think.

Cop idiot? Is that an oxymoron? Oh no jus looked definition... gotta find opposite word.

Will our society ever properly educate cops? I guess not. Sad ho much harm they do but we cannot live without them
Old 02-01-2017, 10:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
Will our society ever properly educate cops? I guess not. Sad ho much harm they do but we cannot live without them
I think the vast majority are trained well and do an excellent although often thankless job. But when you are a group of well over one million individuals and the press and others start looking you over with a fine-toothed comb, the small minority of misfits among them will become a highly sensationalized subset.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64
Today I was pulled over by a cop, who spotted the 3 antennas on the back of my car. He started off by saying "what is your business with all these antennas?". I informed him I am an amateur radio operator (as my license plate clearly says, but I didn't say that), and these are my radio antennas, one VHF and two different UHF's. I pointed to the radio in my center console. He saw that it was on scan mode and saw the screen flashing all sorts of different things. (I scan the repeaters). He said "No I think that's a scanner, and that's illegal in the state of florida for a motorist to be using". I explained it is not a scanner, and I am licensed to have and use this equipment. He wouldn't accept my radio license card, and instead wrote me a ticket.
Wow what a bloody idiot!!!

One time I saw a car in my area LOADED WITH ANTENNAS!! -- From the hood to the trunk,more antennas on it than I could count!! (I dunno if the guy was a field agent or what)

He was cutting thru Burger King parking lot and I wanted to ask him if he worked for FCC or what not but he was gone within seconds.......

Wow...... Having all those antennas on your car is insane!!!!!!! (Unless they are needed for proper field work (Each antenna recieves different freqs better))
Old 02-01-2017, 02:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Down where I used to live (4 miles south of now) you would very
frequently see a car with a large (like 8 element) Yagi and
a rotator on top, maybe 200 to 300 MHz. It would stop and rotate,
then go on.

It tracks animals with radio collars moving around our University
experimental farms areas.