Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2022, 11:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

1988 FIsher Studio-Standard Hi-Fi VCR loading issues

Hello everyone, the other day I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle's house to go through some of my great-grandfather's old tools, and my Uncle said they had an old Fisher Studio-Standard (Sanyo) Hi-Fi VCR that was having trouble loading tapes and asked me if I could repair it for them, and I said I would have a look at it for them (they are going to be moving to the Jacksonville, Florida area because my Uncle's job got moved down there as he works for one of the major prosthetic manufacturers that is located in Warsaw, Indiana which is where they currently live).

I got it home and looked it over and as I suspected the belt for the loading mechanism was dry-rotted (it was broken into pieces inside the VCR) and I looked through my old VCR Belt Stash and I unfortunately don't have a belt that's the correct size for this VCR's loading mechanism (its a really small belt probably about an inch in diameter or a little larger) and I was wondering if there's still anyone out there selling NOS VCR belts yet, I know there used to be a couple of places at one time, but that was about 10 years ago.

Any Help would be appreciated.

See Pictures below.

BTW: The blue "belt" that is in the 4th picture is a rubber band I was using to try to see if it would work but it didn't because is wasn't stiff enough (and it was slightly too big in diameter than the original so it was slipping when it was trying to go into play mode.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220315_000459.jpg (66.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20220315_000537.jpg (40.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20220315_000555.jpg (54.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20220315_000602.jpg (53.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by vortalexfan; 03-14-2022 at 11:14 PM.