Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Retro gaming and CRT TVs becoming a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
Been into retro gaming since the mid '90s, and in the beginning, it was (by necessity) CRTs. Mostly 19" sets with RF input only, usually with a nice chain of RF switches dangling behind it. As time has passed, I've stuck to using CRT sets when possible, up to and including a 14" PVM, though I do have a couple of cheap LCD panels for convenience. I did help a friend find a 27" Sony Trinitron set for his classic gaming room, and myself have a 27" JVC which will hopefully go in my own gaming room once I have a chance to put one together. For now, I recently picked up this classic Sony KV-1710 Trinitron set to use for my gaming purposes:

I got a few crt for this purpose all we’re 20” and my parents tosssed them on curb ... so I had a friend take them and probably letting them keep them ..
Rip they hate old technology and subwoofers/ big speaker’s .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2021, 11:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Retro gaming and CRT TVs becoming a thing

I got a few crt for this purpose all we’re 20” and my parents tosssed them on curb ... so I had a friend take them and probably letting them keep them ..
Rip they hate old technology and subwoofers/ big speaker’s .

What’s wrong with the thread it’s not saying what I’m typing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2021, 08:01 PM
M is for Memory

Don't use tapatalk. It uses some weird non-ascii character for (') that shows up as gibberish. Visit Videokarma through the web browser and decline using other apps to visit the site.

Back when I was a kid (for perspective I graduated high school in 2010) I collected and restored vacuum tube era electronics (and still do). As long as my collection stayed in my room and or the garage (later the basement once we had a house with one) I could have anything I had room for as long as I did my school work and stayed away from drugs and alcohol (easy peasy)...If they messed with my stuff I would pitch a fit until they promised not to mess with me again. Your as much entitled to a hobby and interests as they are. Ask them how they'd like it if you put all their hobby stuff in the trash, and tell them that's what they just did to you. The best way to protect your collection is to be a good kid under all circumstances except when it's being messed with.
I did have to make concessions in the 2 long distance house moves I went through I had to pair my collection down partially (I picked the good stuff to keep and let go of the so so stuff).
It's your room you should be able to keep anything you can legally own in it without complaint as long as you don't wreck the walls and floor.
Sometimes collecting can even work for your parents and you...my parents had a habit of buying nice houses with beat up dated interiors and fixing them up, and Dad liked renovation the way most people like root canals....They figured out that they could instruct me on painting, wall paper removal, popcorn ceiling removal, and get contractor quality or better work while paying me less than a contractor, but enough to motivate me and make it worth my effort...I redid the majority of the interior of 2.2 of their 3 houses and that funded my collection.

There are far worse socially acceptable hobbies you could have(or threaten to take up)...like Taxidermy... Imagine what your parents would have to go through if you were regularly bringing home dead animals to skin in the house.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 01-26-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:52 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAzazel
Rip they hate old technology and subwoofers/ big speaker’s
Thats sad since they were born during that time.....

I love that stuff and think the stuff they make now is absolute garbage!!

Those SOUNDBARS are aweful sounding....