Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Pye camera bits and pieces to good home

I've just been cleaning out my garage and come across numerous cables, plugs, boxes and other bits that go with the early PYE camera chains, unfortunately the plastic/rubber is begining to perish and i really think its time to "chuck them".

I hate however throwing away such items that may be vital in getting the chains working again one day, but i think the chances are pretty slim for mine without almost completely rebuilding them, and the large camera cable lengths i had were all stolen many years ago for their copper content by a previous landlord (i took them to court and won, but never got the cables or anywhere close to their value back!)

Anyhow i wondered if anyone here has any use for these for parts they may be seeking in restoring themselves. The plugs i thought may be salvagable?

if so let me know at james at oldtvgear dot com

otherwise i will have to throw them away, the trouble with collecting is that it soon gets out of hand and things MUST go...but finding a home for them can be hard...plenty of people seem to say "yes! I'll have it" but few ever actually make it happen...thats why so much inevitable gets thrown away eventually!

James
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

hmm seems nobody is interested, oh well i asked, all gone now to rubbish
Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

I pointed out your post to Brian Summers who I'm sure would be interested, provided the problems of distance (to the UK) could be solved. AFAIK he tried to contact you.