Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I check c-list from time to time but I have found it to be a haven for all the world's least reliable people. When the rules say "anything goes", well, anything goes. It makes ebay look really good to my eyes.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Was there ever another RCA color with a model number that even remotely resembled CT-100.
I had a CTC-101, but that was a set from 1981 or so. Comb filter. Wish I still had it, but its flyback blew up...
Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sounds like a Nigerian scam. They research something rare, or valuable, and post it on CL. Then they wait for someone to take the bait. Since they likely had a huge number of replies, the mailbox is probably full, and thus the bouncing mail.

They do something similar with jukeboxes around Christmas. The email you'll get back is that they will have someone pick up the money order or draft, and ship you the goods. Additional tip offs are they will say something like "I'm moving to europe, out of town" etc.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

A few years ago, somebody posted scam auctions for some of the more valuable things shown on my website -- a Hallicrafters SX-88, Sparton Bluebird, Scott 800B radio/tv/phono combo, etc.

They copied all of the photos and text from my web articles -- except the copyright notice shown on every page.

An guy in the UK recognized the Scott combo from my site and noticed that the seller -- supposedly located in Peru (!) -- listed a shipping cost for this mammoth set of about $200 to the UK.

eBay promptly cancelled the auctions, but I imagine the "seller" went on to create another fake identify and post more scam auctions :-(

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html