Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA victor deluxe just a white screen

So again, ive dragged home another fine piece. 195? RCA Victor Deluxe. Im not sure of the model i couldnt find a sticker or stamp. The cabinet is pretty beat but its all there. I brought it home, cleaned all the ajustments and brought it up on my new variac (I finally decided just plugging it in isnt a good idea). All the tubes started to come on, the picture tube started to roll and no buzz or excessive heat and no smoke. i let it run for about 10 minutes and tried to get a picture with the dish. All i got was a white screen and what sounded like static. Im sure it needs a recap, but any ideas where to begin? Ill post some better pictures when i get home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcavictordeluxe.jpg (50.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg deluxe.jpg (36.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob Cashin View Post
So again, ive dragged home another fine piece. 195? RCA Victor Deluxe. Im not sure of the model i couldnt find a sticker or stamp. The cabinet is pretty beat but its all there. I brought it home, cleaned all the ajustments and brought it up on my new variac (I finally decided just plugging it in isnt a good idea). All the tubes started to come on, the picture tube started to roll and no buzz or excessive heat and no smoke. i let it run for about 10 minutes and tried to get a picture with the dish. All i got was a white screen and what sounded like static. Im sure it needs a recap, but any ideas where to begin? Ill post some better pictures when i get home.

First, establish the model/chassis - look for the Chassis number - you are looking for a KCSXX number. That'll get you servicing info that will have a schematic, voltage values and more service info. Then, look for any wax caps that will need replacing, and establish what electrolytics need replacing - the service info (Sams Photofact) will help with this. Best tip I can give - post any problem or question here, and the experts will help!

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!