Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

A rare Kreisler CTV with built in video game.

I saw this ad in Gumtree (its an Aussie version of Craiglist)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/baros...ng-/1042773580

IIRC this set uses the Kriesler 59-04 chassis & this particular set was the top of the line model with a digital clock to turn on the set & a built in video game.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Nice lookin' set ! VERY "American" looking-You could easily mistake it for an RCA, Zenith, Magnavox.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Nice lookin' set ! VERY "American" looking-You could easily mistake it for an RCA, Zenith, Magnavox.
All the Aussie sets look like USA or Japanese, Korean sets.
None of the CRT's stick out past the mask, like the British, European sets.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've attached a picture from the ad for when the link dies.

From memory the Kriesler 59-04 is a clone of the Philips K9. I used to see the "normal" version often enough, but never this one with the built in pong game.

I'd be tempted if it was local.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krieslertv1.JPG (54.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ido View Post
I've attached a picture from the ad for when the link dies.

From memory the Kriesler 59-04 is a clone of the Philips K9. I used to see the "normal" version often enough, but never this one with the built in pong game.

I'd be tempted if it was local.
No the 59-04 chassis was not a clone of the Philips K9, it was a clone of the Philips K11.

Correction: This set actually used the Kriesler 59-05 chassis.

This is a list of all Kreisler produced color TV chassis from 1974 to 1979 before being replaced with a Philips chassis.

59-01: Was the reversed engineered version of the Philips K9 chassis, except it uses RGB cathode drive to the CRT (delta gun) instead of color difference drive where the luminance was on the cathodes & the RGB color difference signals was applied to the grids like they did in the US & Europe.

59-02: Same as 59-01 except that it uses a redesigned small signals board to accommodate the Philips ELC2060 varicap VHF/UHF tuner & an additional AFC circuit on the IF module & was the first chassis to use remote control in either a wired remote or ultrasonic remote.

59-03: Was the reversed engineered version of the Philips K11 chassis, except it uses RGB cathode drive to the CRT (Philips 20AX in-line gun) instead of color difference drive where the luminance was on the cathodes & the RGB color difference signals was applied to the grids like they did in the US & Europe.

59-04: This chassis was used to drive Hitachi in-line gun CRT's from 18" to 22" & has a conventional power transformer with a series pass regulator that generated the 35 volts DC required to run the chassis. (This was the last Kreisler produced chassis before being replaced by the Philips KT2 Chassis)

59-05: This chassis was used to drive 26" Philips 20AX in-line gun CRT's & used the deflection board from the 59-03 chassis & the small signal board from the 59-04 chassis. (This was the last Kreisler produced chassis before being replaced by the Philips K12 Chassis)
Audiokarma