Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Stuck in the past!

Magnavox VR8415Sl01 av out?

No problem with coaxial output but I want to use rca jacks. How do I switch to them. Obviously for this 84 model, there's no menu and I don't see a switch.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Do you have the a/v in and out jacks on the back? Just plug your a/v cable in the out jacks then in to the a/v in jacks on your viewing device. Don't need a menu for that even on menu driven decks. All the best, Tom.J p.s. If that doesn't work then there is a fault in the machine.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.j.fla View Post
Do you have the a/v in and out jacks on the back? Just plug your a/v cable in the out jacks then in to the a/v in jacks on your viewing device. Don't need a menu for that even on menu driven decks. All the best, Tom.J p.s. If that doesn't work then there is a fault in the machine.
I might be thinking of line in when having to switch from other source but connecting this thing doesn't get me anywhere unless it's regular coaxial.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Tinker

I've had the same problems with beta and vhs units. I noticed the new flat screen television don't seem to be able to detect direct analog signals from the older equipment . I've had to use the RF/ coaxial mode to watch videos on equipment from the 80's. Also some tapes won't play in one machine but will work in another.
Ed
Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKozk2 View Post
I've had the same problems with beta and vhs units. I noticed the new flat screen television don't seem to be able to detect direct analog signals from the older equipment . I've had to use the RF/ coaxial mode to watch videos on equipment from the 80's. Also some tapes won't play in one machine but will work in another.
Ed
Yes, I believe this is the price I'm paying for buying THX certified equipment. I just recently got a new setup with receiver, speakers, flat screen, and sub. Trying to stick to my other old school stuff seems to be a no-no. This is the reason I keep all my crt sets but right now, I don't have the room to set one up.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:49 PM
M is for Memory

You probably need a TBC to make the AV out signal clean enough for the new stuff to sync to/recognize it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Banned

Pac Attack, I have the Panasonic version of your VCR and there is a switch on the front of the machine behind a flip-down panel that allows you to switch between tuner and A/V Input mode you have to switch that switch from tuner mode to A/V mode in order to be able to use the A/V inputs on the back of the VCR. I hope this helps!

-Levi
Old 02-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Stuck in the past!

No switch on this one. A few buttons behind the door. Nothing else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170206_163310.jpg (49.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20170206_163330.jpg (31.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
No switch on this one. A few buttons behind the door. Nothing else.
Huh, that's weird because my Panasonic VCR that's like your has a switch on the front for switching between the tuner and the A/V jacks on the back. Although now come to think of it I know there were a couple of 1980s vintage Panasonic and Quasar VCRs that would just activate the A/V inputs by just simply plugging in the A/V source into the A/V input jacks on the back and no switches were needed, that might be the way your VCR is.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Pac Attack, I have the Panasonic version of your VCR and there is a switch on the front of the machine behind a flip-down panel that allows you to switch between tuner and A/V Input mode you have to switch that switch from tuner mode to A/V mode in order to be able to use the A/V inputs on the back of the VCR. I hope this helps!

-Levi
I have a Panasonic built GE from the same era. I can use the A/V outs at the same time as the RF out. It does have the A/V switch to select between the inputs and the tuner. I use them both.
Audiokarma
Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Stuck in the past!

Went directly into av in on my plasma set and was working at the same time as the coaxial. I must have had it in the wrong jack on my avr. Then again, it probably doesn't work that way since I'm using hdmi out from the receiver.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

Every VCR I've ever seen the A/V outs are always on. Some older VCRs do not have a tuner/aux switch, so as soon as you plug something into the RCA inputs they disable the tuner and switch over to the aux input.