Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:03 AM
NA Volvos and Amplifiers

I've got an Emud console over here. A big one at about five feet long. Stereo PP EL84s with 10 inch alinco woofers, 4x6 mids and piezo tweets. Good sound is an understatement.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Electronics Accumulator

Nice job! Those German sets typically have great sound - and the EL84 (read 6BQ5) is a good tube. If anything, the sliderule dial and the piano key switches makes the set look cool . I've got a Grundig console with a similar type of dial/switches, (of course, most of the German sets do). Does yours have a tuninig eye? The German tuninig eye tubes are interesting, since they're side view as opposed to end view. They also don't seem to get dim as quickly as the 6E5's do. What kind of speakers does that one have? What's the tube lineup? Inquiring minds like ours want to know...

-Ian
Old 05-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Tá mé ar meisce.

It has 4 6x9 looking speakers. 1 of them has a tear, they sat dew on them and a manufacture city of Dortmund.

Tube lineup is as follows
ecc85(6aq8), ech81(6aj8), ef89(6da6), eabc80(6ak8), 2x ecc83(12ax7) 2x el84(6bq5), em84 and ez81(6ca4). All the tubes appear to be telefunken except the ef89 which is a mullard.

Looking cloesly it seems the dial string is off. Also its filthy so I will clean it and bring it up on a variac and see how it sounds soon.