Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Big freeze 24?

How does the saying go? “Cold as a witch's teat?” or something like that?
Or in the Vintage Television restorers world, “Honey, I'm cold, turn on the RCA 630TS please!”

It looks like I shall be doing just that, and every tube device I have starting this weekend, as Jack Frost will be hitting here with a vengeance!

---
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. South wind around 10 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
M.L.King Day Partly sunny, with a high near 30. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
----
It will be interesting.
How much heat can 4 color tube driven sets, (+ one solid state color CTC-90 ) and 5 BW ones put out if all on at the same time, plus one Dynaco Mark III amp.

Probably not enough, but gonna have fun trying anyway!