Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

CTC-16F coming along

Hi Guys:
Below you'll see some pictures taken today from the screen of my CTC-16F. I've done a rough convergence and color temp setting and things are starting to look pretty good. However, if you look carefully you'll see problems related to the delay line: anything at 95% of full video level or above blooms like mad. It's really ringing and the actual Y/C delay is wrong. I figure the delay line has to be replaced but I've had no success trying to find NOS. Anybody got any ideas? Maybe I'm wrong on my diagnosis.
Comments?
p/s: Thanks to all who responded to my earlier post about this set and its smoked flyback.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nice work so far. IIRC, there was a great, great site out there with instructions on winding your own delay lines for color sets. My CTC-97 needed it done, so it seemed, but luckily it was only some cracked joints on the mainboard.

Wishing you luck on the set.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

You might want to look for any peaking coils in the video circuits. I don't remember delay lines causing lots of problems. Most of the bad ones I saw caused video to go away and just leave croma. Your looking good though. Nice work.

Bill R