Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2020, 11:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
47Mohm is really high resistance. idk if that's actually bad. But I mean they're all old crap anyway, so...
And yeah, change the bumble bombs. They're the same crap in a different package.

As for the focus pot, if they moved it to the front, it must've gone out of focus quite often and needed adjustment all the time.
high resistance to a digital meter, yes,, if i had a real cap tester, who knows.
something like this would find the short in it I'm sure
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EICO-955-In...0AAOSwjONdzWxC

just for an experiment, I pulled out a 36v dc power source and hooked it up to that cap ( out of circuit ) through an ammeter , and it pulled .87 amps ( rising as it was getting warmer ), I did not wait to see how high it would go.

As far as the focus being in front, that is not all I am finding strange about this thing.

it SAYS 895 on it and SAMS says to get this folder, but the folder does not list the 895 in it.
895 is a combo unit, but the folder has no mention of that.
i an starting to see odd differences ( mods they added ) like the focus I mentioned.

others are, no power switch, the vol control is to the left of the channel control , not on the right, as on normal ones.
and the big one, NO audio output circuitry. :O

Last edited by Yamamaya42; 01-28-2020 at 11:19 PM.