Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

I power the Blaupunkt up after the rebuild

I completed all the changes I wanted to do on the Blaupunkt and had my first plugs out power up test. I got lucky and it came up nice and sweet. Wow the EM84 works. FM Tuner is very accurate. Lots of stations across the band. AM I think needs new tubes as it doesnt seem as good but it does work

I made a DIN to RCA cable to plug in a real stereo source (radio is pre MPX) no adapter interface either

This was my second time doing the exact same radio chassis so it was familiar ground but this project was more extensive and thorough

five filter caps
14 e-caps
6 x .022 caps
4 x .047 caps

4 resistors
New full wave bridge recitfier

QD the tuner

D5 the controls

I learned alot about rectification from the internet and it is not so foreign to me any more

I measured the rectified DC output at 308vdc. It was predicted that the modern rectifier would be more efficient and the output voltage would be 5-10volts higher, requiring a high watt resistor to bring the vdc to 300

I put a 150ohm 5 watt resistor on the + from the rectifier and measured the voltage at 280 vdc. The schematic says 300 so I have to pull the 150 and try something like 60ohm, if linear.

I'll get an assortment of resistors to get it right at 300vdc

One thing I paid more attention to on this project was the mechanical connection in the solder joints. I made an extra effort to really wrap the wire connections together.

I dont want to say that I ever relied on solder alone to hold a connection.

Since it passed its first trial run I am going to mount it into the console and listen to it proper

ya know.. if anyone is interested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Working Blaupunkt.jpg (97.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by omegaman; 06-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Audiokarma