Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:05 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Pretty much anyone into anything other than traditional muscle cars is going to hear others roasting their idea of a fly ride. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.
What are you talking about? They'll do it anyway! The chevy guys and the ford guys are always going at it. And then there's the mopar guys who kind of get shit on by the other two factions, but mostly because they're secretly jealous of the awesome mopars. :3

lol
Old 04-12-2018, 05:04 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
What are you talking about? They'll do it anyway! The chevy guys and the ford guys are always going at it. And then there's the mopar guys who kind of get shit on by the other two factions, but mostly because they're secretly jealous of the awesome mopars. :3

lol
Yeah I realized later on I hadn't really thought that through. The musclecar crowd probably gets the least amount of crap though. On the flip side, I know there are some Lada enthusiasts up here; I can't imagine how many snarky comments they have to deflect.

I certainly agree that Mopars are awesome.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Yeah I realized later on I hadn't really thought that through. The musclecar crowd probably gets the least amount of crap though. On the flip side, I know there are some Lada enthusiasts up here; I can't imagine how many snarky comments they have to deflect.

I certainly agree that Mopars are awesome.
I read about the Lada years ago and I would like to see one up close.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I read about the Lada years ago and I would like to see one up close.
LADA cars are interesting, they were sold in Canada until 1997 when they no longer met emission requirements. The NIVA 4x4 is quite capable. Actually owning one may not be the world's best idea, but I too would like a chance to drive one... I've only been a passenger and it was not recently.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
On the flip side, I know there are some Lada enthusiasts up here; I can't imagine how many snarky comments they have to deflect.
IMHO they probably get the least crap; at least among those who have watched crash compilations on youtube...Those of us in that camp are or should be scared of Ladas. If you see a Lada odds are it is 30 seconds from an accident or about to have parts fall off.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 04-16-2018, 06:02 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I'm trying to remember something that happened around 50 years ago, but I'm positive it was a Mercury. I drove the owner to the used car lot to pick it up. The owner told me the circumstances of the trans failure. I wasn't there.
I figured it was a long time ago, hence my question. I wouldn't expect anyone's memory to be spot-on after all that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Those of us in that camp are or should be scared of Ladas. If you see a Lada odds are it is 30 seconds from an accident or about to have parts fall off.
I thought I might draw fire from merely mentioning Ladas on here, and there it is.

Cheap cars attract abusive owners, it's as simple as that. I'm sure I will be "corrected" on this.

Last edited by Jon A.; 04-16-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
I figured it was a long time ago, hence my question. I wouldn't expect anyone's memory to be spot-on after all that time.

I thought I might draw fire from merely mentioning Ladas on here, and there it is.

Cheap cars attract abusive owners, it's as simple as that. I'm sure I will be "corrected" on this.
Not meant to be fire but comedy..... Guess my sense of humor needs work.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4