Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2024, 06:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Emud Model 911 Audio Issues

Greetings everyone, I've been working on an Emud Model 911 for someone and I got the turntable fixed on it for him (that was his main concern with it) but then when I powered it on to try out the turntable I wasn't getting any audio out of the speakers, which I thought was odd because supposedly according to the owner the audio was working fine on it, and I tried it in all of the different modes AM, FM, SW and Phono mode, and there isn't any audio coming from the unit in any of those modes.

I checked the tubes and they all measured well within the good section (over 110 on the emissions test, and at or around 0 for the grid leakage tests).

The thing about this radio is that its supposed to be stereo and it has a audio transformer block on the back with two audio output transformers on it, one wired to each set of speakers (for stereo I would assume.)

Anyways the speakers/output transformers are wired to a 7-pin male tube socket as its connection point to the chassis, and there are two 7-pin female tube sockets on the back of the radio chassis and I tried plugging the speakers into either one of those two sockets on the back of the radio chassis and I'm getting no audio out of either one of those sockets.

I'm not too keen on having to do too much digging around in this set to get it going because as we all know these old German radios are a nightmare to work on, so I wonder if anyone here has any experience with these old Emuds and if so do you know where I should look to start trying to troubleshooting the audio issues I'm having with this radio?

Also the guy I'm working on this for wants this unit done before Memorial Day because he wants to play some of his records on it for a party he's having on Memorial Day.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:39 PM
M is for Memory

May want to check if you have B+ to the outputs.... Especially if it has an eye tube And that isn't glowing green.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 03-26-2024, 12:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
May want to check if you have B+ to the outputs.... Especially if it has an eye tube And that isn't glowing green.
The tuning eye tube is working (it glows a bright green, probably the brightest glowing tuning eye tube I've seen on any of the radios I've worked on that had tuning eye tubes in them), but it doesn't respond to signal changes when tuning across the dial in AM, FM or SW; so I don't think its a B+ issue, unless the B+ issue can only affect the output tubes and none of the other tubes?