Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2015, 01:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just joined!

Hello, I just joined your wonderful site. I am 15, and I live in Mobile, ALA. I love old televisions and try desperately to get any that I can. I would like to learn how to restore and work on tube/ solid state TVs. I have several old radios and one console stereo, all Zeniths. I possess an extremely remedial knowledge of the general parts of old TVs and want to learn all of their functions and how to repair them. I have 3 older televisions, all a little too new for my desire. They are as follows: a 19" 1988 Emerson table top set, a 13" 1984 Zenith table top, and a 13" 1982 RCA B&W table top. I also have a mid 60s Truetone color roundie at my disposal. It's approximately 19"-21". It currently doesn't work. I would like to first find a Zenith from this era to learn how to work on. I chose Zenith because I have several Zenith products, most of which have never needed any work since new. I have also heard from this community that Zenith's are the easiest to work on and are the most reliable. I have also heard that Zenith parts are easy to come by. I have been putting off trying to fix the Truetone because I have no idea about finding parts and if they use their own chassis's. Any guidelines on the best way to find sets of this era (late 50s-mid 70s) and maintaining them?

Sorry for the long post and greetings from Alabama,

David