Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

Motorola 7VT5RA on a road trip?

A couple of weekends ago I went to the Lone Star Audio Fest and decided to take my 7VT5RA (TS-18) and a pile of sci-fi DVD's to see how people would react to a TV at an audio event. Well, it was hilarious! People loved the little critter! It got more compliments than I ever imagined. I played it all day every day. This TS-18 is very stable for an electrostatic set. I finished it a couple of weeks before the show. It is a very high hour set, not having a single original tube and half the caps changed over it's lifetime. It has a Raytheon CRT that has a lot of hours on it but warms up after about 10 minutes to a good picture.
Nothing like a TV on the passenger seat for 9 hours (New Orleans to Dallas). And it did wear it's seat belt!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orb.jpg (79.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Me likey ! I took my Admiral over to the Depot Museum here in town during our annual October "Heritage Days" festival a couple years back, & had LOTS of compliments/comments about it...People generally LOVE seein' these things...