Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Once again, those Apex TVs were never star performers.....what's the jungle chip part numbrt? With no schematic or chassis info, it's all just guessing.

Post a chip complement and I can dig through some notes, but without some meat, it's all just guesses....
I'll do you one better, the schematic to the TV. I can't read the part number on it though in the schematic, and I already put the TV in my office, I don't want to pull it out as I hurt my back putting it in, heavier than I judged.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...EpHdlh2LTFBOWs
Old 07-19-2017, 05:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Jungle chip on this one is a LA76514 if i read it right. Found no data on said chip though. All the best,Tom.J
Old 07-19-2017, 06:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yea I couldn't make heads or tails on the chip. Next time I have the TV apart, if I ever do, I'll check it out. Until then, it's not so important as it's just a weird quirk, not a defect.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.j.fla View Post
Jungle chip on this one is a LA76514 if i read it right. Found no data on said chip though. All the best,Tom.J
Probably a LA7651P or LA7651K - the datasheet is buried in the LA7655 data.

The LA7651P was two sets in one - ground a pin and you "lost" features. Wildly popular in many low-cost brands - my notes show a Citizen, Sansui and Curtis Mathes chassis all using the chip. The Curtis Mathes chassis is the first after they jumped ship from Mitsubishi/NEC.

Consolidated Electronics in OH sold the chip for $2.88 in 10 qty....in 1998. I can say we never replaced one, nor a flyback in those Apex sets. Most junkers were dropped sets or lightning strikes, else the repair was a cap, a SMPS quick-fix, or a LA7835/36 Vertical output chip and cap swap. 88 dollar sets don't get a lot of investment in them. You can find used remotes on fleabay, but anything else, and you are looking for a donor set. Even when they were new, Apex skirted the FTC support rules by keeping production numbers low. When they hit the threshold, they changed models or model numbers, just to avoid having to support the chassis. They weren't unique - AOC, Bohsei and Tatung all did the same. The only Apex manual I've ever seen was the one for their earliest DVD player, the one with player-side indexing and region swap, and the "manual" is only three pages, mostly in Chinese, with only the part numbers and encoding systems being in English.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Followin' the Rules...

BTW, the UL code resolves to Apex/Changhong Electric.....(edit) formerly the makers of some Haier, Hisense, and other low-cost brands of consumer goods.

http://www.cccme.org.cn/shop/cccme2342/index.aspx

Still a $12 Billion company....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!

Last edited by Findm-Keepm; 07-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Audiokarma