Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakaftr8 View Post
Well believe it or not it does have the RM706W with the door function!
WOW!!!!!! I have to see that set some time... Since you have the set, if you like, I can make a hard copy of the service manual for you. I never have good luck scanning and eMailing files. That chassis is 100% unique, and shares nothing with any other Sony. It's only used in the KV-3000 and the CVM-3000/CVX-3000.

Charles
Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Convergence freak!

Shoot Charles, that would be awesome! Let me know if you want anything for copying the service manual for me!

I have a feeling im goona need it..
Ill snap off pics of the beast ad it's remote once I get it unloaded and in the house.
When I get it up to snuff I'll take a video of it working and put it up on the net. And hopefully of the doors opening via remote too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
WOW!!!!!! I have to see that set some time... Since you have the set, if you like, I can make a hard copy of the service manual for you. I never have good luck scanning and eMailing files. That chassis is 100% unique, and shares nothing with any other Sony. It's only used in the KV-3000 and the CVM-3000/CVX-3000.

Charles
Old 03-03-2014, 10:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have one

I have a Sony Trinitron kv-3000r... I'm in the Saint Louis area of Missouri and I'm trying to find it a home that isn't mine... when I first moved in, I was amazed what a hunk of junk it was, then I grew to love it, it's super awesome and were I in my own home I would keep it, but I don't know how to get it out to a good home. Where did you find yours? I've been itching to toy with this one as one of the doors don't work properly, but have not had the ability to do so, so it's used to play wii, which makes me laugh every time I see my brothers at it, luckily, they can see the quality of the piece and haven't wrecked it.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verodevi View Post
I have a Sony Trinitron kv-3000r... I'm in the Saint Louis area of Missouri and I'm trying to find it a home that isn't mine... when I first moved in, I was amazed what a hunk of junk it was, then I grew to love it, it's super awesome and were I in my own home I would keep it, but I don't know how to get it out to a good home. Where did you find yours? I've been itching to toy with this one as one of the doors don't work properly, but have not had the ability to do so, so it's used to play wii, which makes me laugh every time I see my brothers at it, luckily, they can see the quality of the piece and haven't wrecked it.
Hmm, I live in STL, that's kind of tempting if you still have it. But at 500lb even being in my own backyard I just don't know that it's something I could handle.

I'm much more into the portable Sony televisions from the 1980s on up, including the active matrix LCD models and the video walkmans.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

[non-affiliated]

Found a KV-3000R on Washington craigslist. Wish I had the space!

> SONY TV IN GORGEOUS BURGUNDY CABINET WITH MATCHING STAND - $200 (Olympia)

> Gorgeous dark burgundy hardwood cabinet with electric door back in the day there were only a few made and the cost was $10,000 perfect condition very heavy.

> Delivery is negotiable. comes with matching DVD stand $200

archive pics:

https://imgur.com/a/kenr2ZT

KV3000 KV3000R KV 3000 KV 3000-R burled rosewood mohagany black Japanese Balsa wood tamo ashwood
Audiokarma
Old 09-21-2018, 04:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONY_KV3000 View Post
[non-affiliated]

Found a KV-3000R on Washington craigslist. Wish I had the space!
I've got one sitting here in Wisconsin with the matching VCR cabinet that someone wants to pay me to gut and wire the doors to a switch so he can repurpose it. I don't want to do that, but I do want it out of my way.