Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

What number, or, size is the picture tube? That arc sounds low, but, you never know.
Does your set have a width control, Horizontal Phase, Horizontal oscillator, or, width?
My guess is horizontal oscillator troubles. If not, something in horizontal output, of, Damper. Does your set use a hv capacitor on the hv rectifier?
Bill Cahill
Old 08-22-2017, 11:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cahill View Post
What number, or, size is the picture tube? That arc sounds low, but, you never know.
Does your set have a width control, Horizontal Phase, Horizontal oscillator, or, width?
My guess is horizontal oscillator troubles. If not, something in horizontal output, of, Damper. Does your set use a hv capacitor on the hv rectifier?
Bill Cahill
It's a 21ALP4 and has a 1956 date code sticker and Westinghouse branded with no evidence of repair so looks like the original. It doesn't use a HV cap -- attaching the HV portion of the schematic.

Also, does anyone know what is symbolized on the schematic by the x's and the dashed lines? I had thought that meant a disconnectable connector or the result a switch of some kind, but don't see either of these present.

The width control does have an effect on sync, and I have not yet tried adjusting the horizontal oscillator nor the horiz mult trim. The AGC control has absolutely no effect on the picture and I've checked everything I can find between the tuner and the 1st IF and all seems to check out okay. Perhaps it just doesn't have an obvious effect due to substandard signal from the $20 DTV box?

FK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg west-hv2.jpg (97.6 KB, 22 views)