Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Where did you find that screen image? ...

BTW, where did Chicago's NBC television station ever get the idea it is "the world's first full color TV station"? ...
I don't recall where I found that jpg of the Chicago peacock, but I definitely have it saved for use on the media player.
---

See jr_tech's link to the WMAQ story.

By "full color" they meant all new locally produced material. Of course, they still had some monochrome shows on from the network and some old movies in B&W. But if it came from their studios, it was in color.

It's very hard to find material referencing Tommy Tint. Also, I have seen only one ebay listing, years back, for one of the multicolored desk phones that Illinois Bell/Western Electric made for their offices by assembling parts from several differently colored phone cases. I lost the bid.
---
As a side note, I have often marvelled at how little control NBC kept over the color in various representations of the peacock. Every promotional item is different, most matching the general hues (and some not), but all differing in brightness, saturation, and exact hue. The form was all they really standardized. Even the on-air lead-ins, which were intended to have standard colors, were often distorted by excess contrast and color shifts from multi-generation copying.
Audiokarma