Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-21-2019, 02:32 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,884
After all of that, V-24 is still not lighting?. Perhaps broken connector on the tube socket?

jr
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
After all of that, V-24 is still not lighting?. Perhaps broken connector on the tube socket?

jr
Another possibility is the socket has an internal short across the heater... the load from that could sag the HV.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:13 PM
oldtvman's Avatar
oldtvman oldtvman is offline
Larry Melton (oldtvman)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'm looking for the following. 2500pF @ 30KV, 1200pF @ 15KV, and 1000pF @ 10KV. I'm probably going to get a 2000pF 40KV for the first one since I feel 30KV is under rated for a 25KV line that can do over 30 if the regulation fails, and Bob G has had success with that value...I think I can find the 1000 on mouser, but I'm not sure what to do about the 1200...it seems Murata does not make that value of door knob anymore according to the datasheet for that part family. If I can I'd like to go up 5-10KV on all the door knobs I order to ensure they last as long as I live (especially since they are getting discontinued). Also according to the datasheet the threaded ends only project about 1mm so I'm going to have to come up with something with the parts available at the local hardware store to match the 1" terminal projection of the originals.

If you rather we discuss this privately send me an email. My PM box is full.
I have tons of nos Rca and Zenith tv parts, I'll take a look and see if I have anything like that
__________________
[IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,622
I've studied that socket very carefully; although I can't see anything out of place (and no corona/etc in the dark) I may just try subbing it. I should mention, there is a 4.7 ohm resistor in series with the filament and I've swapped it not once but twice.

The other day when I tested with a bulb I had all leads unhooked from that socket and just hooked up the bulb alone (it lit, with a little bit of "gassy" glow visible). Tonight I stuck the leads of the light in the socket (with tube removed) and it glowed purplish as HV came up, then went dark. Its filament never lit. What does it mean? As Pee Wee Herman once said, "I don't know!"
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-22-2019, 08:59 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtvman View Post
I have tons of nos Rca and Zenith tv parts, I'll take a look and see if I have anything like that
A good ways back I bought door knobs for my CT100 21ct55 TM21 and CTC4.... think it cost me like 400 simolians. I'm pretty much set now.





Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
I've studied that socket very carefully; although I can't see anything out of place (and no corona/etc in the dark) I may just try subbing it. I should mention, there is a 4.7 ohm resistor in series with the filament and I've swapped it not once but twice.

The other day when I tested with a bulb I had all leads unhooked from that socket and just hooked up the bulb alone (it lit, with a little bit of "gassy" glow visible). Tonight I stuck the leads of the light in the socket (with tube removed) and it glowed purplish as HV came up, then went dark. Its filament never lit. What does it mean? As Pee Wee Herman once said, "I don't know!"
If it is not lighting in socket that points to socket problems.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.