Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Panasonic TR-205 Starstream Power Adapter

Just picked up one of these little Starstream tv's and it looks to be in excellent shape, but it's missing the power cord. I'm not too worried about the battery hookup and I can probably adapt a 2 prong one from an old VCR or something and make it work. Mainly I want to know which pins are for AC power and which are for DC so I don't blow it up. I'm having trouble posting a picture of the connector but it's a rather large plug with 6 pins- 4 in a square and 2 off to the side a little bit. I assume the ones off to the side are for AC but I want to double check.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like you also need to jumper two pins for the AC cord to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panasonic 003.jpg (64.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Huh, that's pretty odd. I guess I'll be making a jumper wire today and then I can try plugging it into the variac. I'm just trying to figure this out, so I know those 2 pins closest to the notch are for AC, so with the 4 other pins I have to jumper the middle left to the bottom right? Or would it be mirrored if that's showing the end of the plug? Am I making any sense?

Last edited by RadRacer203; 07-14-2020 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

The negative side of C1 will be one of the terminals you need to jump, so you can trace that point back to the socket to verify the orientation of the pins that way.

The jumper connects the AC bridge to the B- terminal for AC operation, so when you're done with the jumper, the neg term of C1 should be directly coupled to R140 (which is all I can see in the schematic snip).

John
Old 07-14-2020, 07:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed to know
Just made a jumper wire and hooked up power and it seems to mostly work. The volume knob is crackly and it looks like it's going to need all new capacitors, which is to be expected
Audiokarma