Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Curbside at VideoKarma

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Rca 21-ct-661u

The creep just listed it. I'm sure his Dad would have been very proud of him.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-tel...1eb1%7Ciid%3A1

Last edited by iong; 06-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like someone added tripplers to it.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Dont see it on Ebay whats the Item number?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Rca 21-ct661u

Ebay #142845992677
Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Banned

Can someone tell me why he should not get what the set is worth? It sounds to me if all the ones on here just shut up and didnít try to take advantage of the situation the seller would of just sold it for his original asking price. I bet by the time he opened his email he had 10 or more emails from people on here offering more then he was asking. He didnít know what the set was worth, but people on here sure let him know itís worth more then he was asking. So whoís wrong?
Audiokarma
Old 06-27-2018, 10:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvís r us View Post
Can someone tell me why he should not get what the set is worth? It sounds to me if all the ones on here just shut up and didnít try to take advantage of the situation the seller would of just sold it for his original asking price. I bet by the time he opened his email he had 10 or more emails from people on here offering more then he was asking. He didnít know what the set was worth, but people on here sure let him know itís worth more then he was asking. So whoís wrong?
What's wrong is if he committed to selling it to someone and then went back on his word. miniman82 had posted that Cliff was scheduled to pick it up.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvís r us View Post
Have you read this entire thread ? Once a Man makes an agreement that agreement is to be honored , unless of course that Man HAS no honor to begin with . In life , all we have IS our integrity , and it appears the price of that Man's integrity is right around $200 , pretty small potatoes indeed ....
Old 06-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Have you read this entire thread ? Once a Man makes an agreement that agreement is to be honored , unless of course that Man HAS no honor to begin with . In life , all we have IS our integrity , and it appears the price of that Man's integrity is right around $200 , pretty small potatoes indeed ....
No I didnít see Cliff was picking it up. But I have found most Craigslist sellers will not hold a item. If I make a deal on Craigslist I am on my why right after I get off the phone. If you ever sold anything on Craigslist you would know lots of people say they will pick something up but never do. So I do go back to my original statement, he didnít know what it was worth but videokarma sure let him know.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:23 PM
M is for Memory

if the 21AXP22 is good $350 is still a very good deal for such a set if it is shot then the set is still priced in a reasonable range. I can understand the seller going back on their word being a letdown...If anyone had an agreement and was actually burning gas to get there when he changed his mind then that is far worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjukebox160 View Post
Looks like someone added tripplers to it.
I don't see what you are talking about. There are no pics inside the HV cage and nothing outside looks like a trippler.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
if the 21AXP22 is good $350 is still a very good deal for such a set if it is shot then the set is still priced in a reasonable range. I can understand the seller going back on their word being a letdown...If anyone had an agreement and was actually burning gas to get there when he changed his mind then that is far worse.

I don't see what you are talking about. There are no pics inside the HV cage and nothing outside looks like a trippler.
The Poster probably mistook the H/V interlock gadget as something else.
We just used to pry them off the back and leave them in place.
Audiokarma
Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

Not sure what the actual arrangement was, but if the seller agreed to hold the item for the buyer for a specific time at the agreed on price, they should have honored that agreement IMHO.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Using the ebay link in post 16 has this photo in it. What are the 2 red trippler looking boxes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (91.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-28-2018, 12:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Selenium rectifiers for the low voltage supply.

jr
Old 06-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Selenium rectifiers for the low voltage supply.

jr
I've always found it odd that RCA used seleniums on the CT-100, 21-CT-55, CTC-4, then went back to tube rectifiers for the CTC-5 and the first run of CTC-7s, before going back to the seleniums for the CTC-9s.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
I've always found it odd that RCA used seleniums on the CT-100, 21-CT-55, CTC-4, then went back to tube rectifiers for the CTC-5 and the first run of CTC-7s, before going back to the seleniums for the CTC-9s.
The later CTC7's and CTC9's and later went with voltage doublers and silicon rectifiers. The CTC16 was the first to use full wave bridge and higher voltage secondarys on the transformer.
Audiokarma