Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sony TV part

I need bridge rectifier for Sony. The part is S3WB60Z Anyone knows if is this a unique part? And where to get it.
Thank you,
Perry
Old 08-22-2021, 09:49 PM
M is for Memory

It looks like datasheets for the original are out there. Look at the datasheet and find a new bridge rated for the same or greater forward current and peak reverse voltage.

Also I assume this rectifier is opperating at 60Hz line voltage in circuit....If it is opperating at a significantly higher frequency look at the switching times of the old and new part and make sure the new part can switch atleast as fast.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-22-2021, 11:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

the pinout may be different. Labeled plus and minus but on the same side not diagonal so I thought the whole part could be weird. Wish I could get original.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iong View Post
the pinout may be different. Labeled plus and minus but on the same side not diagonal so I thought the whole part could be weird. Wish I could get original.

That's why you need to compare the datasheets of the original and candidate replacements. The pinouts should be on the datasheets, and you may have to do some special retrofit work to make the connections if you can't find a drop-in replacement.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Changed bridge. Pin configuration was different. Set now comes on with beautiful Pic. Now after a few minutes I get intermittent horizontal streaks in picture affects luminous not just one color. It will stop for a while then comes back. Look like it will be hard to locate Doesn't seem like any pots. I will run set for hours and see if it gets worse. If anyone is familiar with this Sony problem please help.
Thank you,
Perry
Audiokarma
Old 08-23-2021, 03:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Didn't checK every pot on circuit board though. Afraid to without photofact
Old 08-23-2021, 03:44 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by iong View Post
Changed bridge. Pin configuration was different. Set now comes on with beautiful Pic. Now after a few minutes I get intermittent horizontal streaks in picture affects luminous not just one color. It will stop for a while then comes back. Look like it will be hard to locate Doesn't seem like any pots. I will run set for hours and see if it gets worse. If anyone is familiar with this Sony problem please help.
Thank you,
Perry
Are you using VHS or DVD/Blu-Ray as a source? If so it could be macrovision copy protection from the disc you're seeing.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-24-2021, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

It only does it for 30 seconds now when first turn on TV so I'll never find it. Think it will go away? How do you properly set screen background and drive controls.