Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:02 PM
On Land

Got a new Philco

Hey guys... I'm still out on the ship right now. We're near a little town called Kalama in Washington along the Columbia River. Neat little town with lots of antique shops. One store had many radios to choose from... all in excellent condition. I picked out a Philco Model 60. It's a cathedral with AM & SW. Great shape inside and out. Has already been recapped and plays great. I don't have a pic of it yet, but here's a link below with one like it...

http://www.azbellelectronics.com/radios/Jcpfs04.jpg

There was a nice late 30's Philco console I wanted, but was concerned about getting it back to the ship, up the gangway, and then home once the ship makes it back to Texas. Oh well... the Model 60 is a nice set and i will enjoy it. I'll post a pic of mine once I get home next in another week.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Charlie, that's a GREAT lookin' set ! Ya done super ! Congrats ! -Sandy G.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Custom User

That 60 is a beauty. Dunno what it is, those Philcos just aren't seen around here at all in Ontario.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Yamaha Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Hey guys... I'm still out on the ship right now. We're near a little town called Kalama in Washington along the Columbia River. Neat little town with lots of antique shops. One store had many radios to choose from... all in excellent condition. I picked out a Philco Model 60. It's a cathedral with AM & SW. Great shape inside and out. Has already been recapped and plays great. I don't have a pic of it yet, but here's a link below with one like it...

http://www.azbellelectronics.com/radios/Jcpfs04.jpg

There was a nice late 30's Philco console I wanted, but was concerned about getting it back to the ship, up the gangway, and then home once the ship makes it back to Texas. Oh well... the Model 60 is a nice set and i will enjoy it. I'll post a pic of mine once I get home next in another week.
Small world - I've got family in Kalama. I've spent many hours fishing the lower Columbia and always enjoy seeing the big ships. Gotta watch out for the wakes.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:42 AM
On Land

Philco... across the ocean

The Philco 60 I bought while my ship was in Washington State finally made it home! When I bought it, I decided to leave it on the ship until it got here to Texas. I got off the ship in California, and didn't feel like taking the radio on the plane to come home. So, this old Philco took a long ride from Washington to Calif to Panama to Texas by sea and is now sitting in my living room next to a model 84.

This radio is extremely impressive! It was rewired by someone in Canada (according to what the shop owner told me). They really did a great job as this set plays like new and without a single flaw in it's sound! Pulls in stations with no problems.

The set is really nice inside and out. The speaker cloth looks a little funky in the photo... but looks much better in person. The cloth's finish is a little bit shiny, so the camera flash really brings that out. The insides are super-clean as well.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.

Last edited by Charlie; 03-07-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Gizmo Nut

That is a beaut!!
Dan