Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:27 PM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Hmmmmm...

Wouldn't it be sad if this seller was actually parting out one of the rarest TRK-12s of them all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6168318932
Old 04-04-2005, 01:06 PM
heathkit tv

Just asked the seller what proof does he have that this is from the actual set he claims it to be....also asked what other parts he has available and why is he not selling the complete set. Can't wait to hear back. I have relatives in Arizona and will be visiting there shortly.

Anthony
Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like a Merit or Chicago Standard output push-pull transformer on there, that is likely not original.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
heathkit tv

Here's what the seller just sent me:

"According to the person who brought it to me, he bought the remnants of the set. He has the Mirror, Speaker, various other components and the frame (he thinks he still has it). As far as documentation, that is it. There is a paper label on it that says that it is the property of a "A W Kokorich - Midland Spermaceti CA".

He owner is a retired radio / TV repair guy and he bought the thing many years ago... I believe when he was a late teenager. He took it apart and has only "found" these pieces so far in his piles of vintage electronics.

Sure wish we had the whole thing or as much as he has so it could be sold as one piece.

Thanks for the Query and any bids.
Bob S"
Old 04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Administrator

I don't think he meant it was THE first Worlds Fair TV, just that it's from a TRK12 and the TRK12 was the first.
Audiokarma
Old 04-04-2005, 08:42 PM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Nah, I didn't think he meant that, but the way he worded it, he kinda implied it... and stranger things have happened. Anyway, I figured the collective "we" would check it out thoroughly. Wouldn't it be something if another Lucite-cased set surfaced like that?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 PM
console lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S
another Lucite-cased set
Rather the other Lucite-cased set, as there were just two IIRC and one is accounted for. Hard to imagine that somebody would part out such a set, but I suppose equally outrageous things have happened.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Interesting story surrounding the Lucite cased set at the MZTV museum in Toronto. Only the lid and the guts are original, the cabinet had to be reproduced from Lucite because the set had been stored in a crate somewhere in the Middle East, and a forklift truck had driven right through the crate. I have actually touched this set with my own hands

The chassis are dirty as hell, too, and some orange drop caps put in place inside. Apparently they have a spare chassis there that was designed to be USED as a spare chassis for the Worlds Fair just incase, still in the box.