Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Predicta quartet

Well, I hafta agree about the electronics of these things, but also must admit they are real eye catchers! I have not tripped over myself for a Predicta, except the floor job (barber pole?), which I just got. My favorite is the one piece console on the pivot floor stand. And yes Martha, it is an official Predicta (see photo insert). This one worked until maybe a year ago when I let the smoke out of a power cap. I once had a "vintage TV night" with this one and an Admiral, where I ran old Sky King and such shows for friends. I have gotten the tuner knob for the hotel job after this photo was taken.

www.studio4-17.com
Old 03-20-2005, 12:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 12-07-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:45 AM
joe_tbird

Rewinding a Predicta flyback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochromeman
Hi there guys, I am a vintage TV collector in the Netherlands and new to the forum.I have 6 different Predictas and I've restored about 20 of them in the last 10 years or so.Once you get used to the peculiarities of the chassis,they are no different to restore than "normal" TV's.You have to remove the PCB from the chassis to do a decent repair job.This takes about 10 to 15 minutes and from then on it becomes a standard recap and check all resistors job.The vertical couplets that can cause various vertical instability problems can be made from a few resistors and caps and a piece of perfboard.I have even succesfully rewound a flyback for a 17 inch Princess once, with a little help from a friend who has a transformer factory.

<snip>
I have a 17" Predicta and a Motorola 19CT1 color set. I've been looking around for ways/people who can rewind vintage TV flybacks. I was lucky to locate a good used flyback for the 19CT1, but am still looking around for a way to finagle a way to rewind the bad one. Could you tell us more about how you rewound your Predicta flyback? Would your friend be interested/persuaded to do a few more flybacks?

Thanks,
Joe