Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Angry Need tele-tone chassis

bole Times-New RomanSize 4 I have a sad story to tell. 2- Years ago I purchased a 1949 7" port-hole portable tele-tone tv on e-bay.I recently got around to cleaning the case. I dismantled it to continue cleaning. I wasn't quite ready to start re-building the set, yet. Upon taking set out I discoverred that sometime in its' horrible past it had mice in lower chassis. I did considerable cleaning, including the skeletal remains of a dead baby mouse. Upon further examination, I found that the critters chewed entire speaker cone out, ruinned 2 rf chokes, and destroyed an if coil. Chassis is very rusty. Tubes were rusted in place. Can sombody find me a re-buildable junker for my set? You may e-mail me at fanaticbill@verizon.net . The model is tv-208. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Is this the upright model with two chassis?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Wink tele-tone tv

Bold Size 4Times-New Roman Yes, it is. It is protable, and cloth coverred. Front panel is made of brass. Has RCA type knobs. You may also e-mail me at: fanaticbill@verizon.net . Thanks.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:30 PM
heathkit tv

What is it with the "bole Times-New RomanSize 4" and "Bold Size 4" ?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Wink your question...

I don't know. It gives me an option to improve the size of the print, which, if it worked, would have been nice. I am legally blind. However, it only types the words. It doesn't do the actions very well. Only slightly. That's all I can say. You into Heathkit, or Muntz? I collect anything I can. I have Philco, RCA, Zenith, Olympic, Crosley, Admiral, Hallicrafters, Motorola, Emerson, Dumont, Raytheon, etc.....
Audiokarma
Old 03-31-2005, 04:38 AM
heathkit tv

I guess for whatever reason that part of the HTML code was being left out, so instead of the command to make the typeface a particular size or font style was displayed instead of actually performing it's function....dunno if I explained that very clearly!
:-)

Am into Heathkits, Zeniths, RCAs and am interested in Muntz' (partly due to my interest in his cars). I have several of all of the above except for the Muntz. Also have a Hoffman "Easy Vision" set with that funky yellow safety glass.

Anthony
Old 03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have a Tele-Tone portable with a rough case, I can't speak much for the chassis as I haven't really dug into it. I don't have a model number for it. I'll research it some more & try to get a photo posted. I hate to part anything out but maybe that would be the best fate for this one, we will see.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Wink tele-tone tv

Thanks. That might help my wreckage. I'd appreciate pictures. If you want, please feel free to email me. fanaticbill@verizon.net Thanks.

Now, as to size problems:
Sorry I upset you guys. It didn't make me any too happy, either. It was supposed to make my print larger, which would have helped, since I am legally blind, but, it didn't work. I can't answer it, either. So, as you can see, I simply don't use that feature anymore.

Now, to my friend, J. F.
I am sorry, but, if you had looked more closely, you would have seen that I had already given up on non-working function. If my lines are upsetting, sorry for that, too. Simply put, my writting grammar isn't always up to parr. However, I feel you were un-fair at how upset you got with me. By the way, got my customer's radio playing last night. Will tune it today, and start puting back together. Philco. Don't you just LOVE 'Em?
Found a usable picture tube socket to replacee my broken one on 1950 16" Admiral. It's from a picture tube tester I junked that had a fried power transformer. It's bakelite, and cover screws on. I'll be able to attach wires directly to pins, which I prefer.
Hey, anybody out there have knobs, back, H. v. cage cover, etc. to an early console Admiral 6x8 picture tv with channel one? I also need speaker, and correct dial escutcheon that shows ch 1. Thanks. Bill
Old 03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
heathkit tv

Bill, didn't mean to be picking on you regarding the HTML stuff....it didn't really bother me all that much, was just trying to figure out the why and what. I feel for your vision problems, as the years creep up on me I find that I need to have longer arms installed to see things close up ;-) For the record, I wasn't critiquing your grammar, it was just a little strange to have seen that gobbidly gook in the beginning of your early posts.

If you want to increase the size of the typeface when posting here type this at the start of your post:
[s ize=4] or whatever number you wish to use, the higher the numer the bigger the size

To end the post you MUST then include [/s ize] no number needed. Be sure to eliminate the space between the S and the I as I did this only to prevent the system from going crazy while I post this.

Anthony
Old 03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Question Grammar

Hi, Anthonny. I understand. Actually, a friend of mine did all the biggest complaining, and that's what upset me most. I wasn't angry at you. I'll try the idea you gave soon. Thanks for the tip. You say you're into Heathkits? Would you be interested in vintage HK. Mannuals? I also have some catalogs from late '59, and '60. Would consider selling, or trading..... I also have a tube Heathkit vtvm that hasn't seen life for awhile. I can't use it because meter is too small for me to read. Any interest? It's a 50's vintage, like the one we used at the tv repair shop I worked in in my teenage days.
Audiokarma
Old 04-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Question tele-tone

Hey, Brian, did you look up your scuzzy set, yet? Just woneerrin'. Bill
Old 04-02-2005, 09:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, I was going to be lazy and put off until Sunday what I could do Saturday...but here are some pics. (I haven't really been lazy today, been cleaning up the tv room so I can actually walk through there again!) I'm not sure how much better this chassis will be compared to yours. Will have to pull it to know more. The upper chassis doesn't look to bad but the lower one has rust and the whole thing is cruddy looking. A friend of mine found this one on the curb. Getting the cabinet right would be a challenge, for me at least. I thought that if nothing else I could take one of the empty console radio cabinets I have up in the attic and fit the crt/chassis in there.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Talking tele-tone

Hi, Brian. I am interested. What do you want for this poor wreck?? Or, trade???? Can you e-mail me your phone no? fanaticbill@verizon.net Thanks. Bill
Old 04-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Talking Bad grammar.

OOOOPPPPSSSSS!!!!! Saw I spelled your name wrong. Sorry.....