Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Rca acr-136

Got one of these 1935 era sets in today from Connecticut. Bought it as "Not Working", figuring it would go see Terry. Well, it came in, & there was somewhat substantial damage by Fedex. The dome-shaped dial glass was broken, as was a tube. The tube was puzzling, the guy had packed bubble wrap TIGHTLY around every tube, & all of the tubes are in sheilds, anyway. I called the guy I bought it from, told him I was gonna file a claim w/Fedex, but that as far as I was concerned, he & I were cool-HE did a very good job packing it. You know, I really don't care about the money-I just wish they hadn't woofed the dial glass...I can easily enuff get a flat one to replace it-but the pretty "Domed" 1935 original might be hard to get. The glass also kinda woofed the dial scale-Rotsa ruck finding one of THOSE. Anybody here have any info/experience w/one of these ? I THINK it was sorta the companion receiver to my RCA AR-60.