Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Pioneer CS-52T Speakers and an SX-440

Greetings everyone, yesterday I was given a set of Pioneer CS-52T Bookshelf speakers that are in non-working order currently and when I took the speakers apart I saw that the crossover network was roached (blown out and or missing capacitors and disconnected resistors etc.) and I was wondering if anyone knew what size of Bipolar Crossover caps these speakers used in the crossover network because the one that was still in one of the speakers had no value marked on it.

I was also given by the same person who gave me the aforementioned speakers a Pioneer SX-440 stereo receiver which from what I could tell from what little I could find on the internet was the little brother to the SX-990, SX-770 and the SX-1000.

Anyone have any info on these aforementioned items?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Found this on AK through google images.

I usually have a rule of thumb, 2.2 uf cuts off below 12. 3.3 cuts off below 8khz.
Just as an example..
Old 03-30-2021, 10:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK, I need 2 new screw-base style lamp sockets for the SX-440 receiver with a slide-on mounting tab and nobody seems to have anything like that in stock.

I know a lot of old tube radios used lamp sockets like that, and also so did a lot of early solid state gear, which makes me wonder why no one is carrying any of those sockets in stock, whether they be NOS or Brand New.

Does anyone here have a source for those small Screw-base pilot lamp holders like these old radios and stereo receivers used?

So far Digikey, Mouser, AES and Parts Express are strike outs.