Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

2010 Sanyo DP47460 LCD TV problem

I just came into possession of a 47" Sanyo model DP47460 LCD TV from 10/2010. The problem is that when the power button is pressed, the green LED lights and the Sanyo welcome screen comes up. Then, the TV powers off. If I press the power button, the same cycle happens. If I press the power button a third time, the same cycle happens. After that, the TV goes into total shutdown and the only way I can get it to power back on is to unplug it from the AC power and then plug it back in.

From what I'm reading on the internet, I suspect that the main board is bad. I also read where there can be a problem with the audio amp that's triggering the shutdown circuit. Someone also mentioned the inverter board causing this; but, the screen seems to light up as it should for the brief couple of seconds that it stays on. Anyone have any ideas on this TV?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

I would first check for bad caps in the power supply, switchers do weird with bad caps.