Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2021, 07:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA CTC177 AD2 Chassis Eeeprom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe111671 View Post
I have this. It's not for AD2 but if anyone knows if it's in the ballpark and might work, you can have it for shipping. Socket included.

We got the Set into the Repair Shop Today. It tested it was getting high voltage when the set was turned on. He replaced several capacitors and still would not turn on with the voltage set below 120. He had an eeprom out of a chassis he uses to test sets with. The Set fired up. He then installed the eeprom you sent me. It came on. I left the Set with him as he wanted to check for anymore weak or failing capacitors. He was going to greyscale etc. He was hoping to be able to get the excess blue out of it. The Picture Tube tested real good yet with his checker as that is where he started before making any repairs to it.

Thanks so much for the new eeprom. It brought life back to my Old 96 RCA Console Set. I'll update again once he is completely finished with it.