Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex KL-1 View Post
Yes, just googling "Caravan Chevrolet Brasil" shows the Brazilian cousin. Some equipped with 4100cc (4.1L) inline 6. Interesting the very close side design for both.
My grandfather had 17 of these Opala's (the sedan version), all with the 4.1L motor.

I drive daily a Chevrolet Omega (brother in England is the Chevrolet Carlton, for example); very robust car. From 1994 and surviving well! Excellent confortably for travels!
My wife have a '73 Beetle, and I also have a '82 Gol with the 1600cc Beetle motor (nicknamed "little kettle" in a direct translation).
What an amazing car is your first VW Gol, must be cool drive a car with the Beetle front engine, air cooled, and front wheel drive. Very noisy?
Here were sold all Gol generations, but starting with the water cooled engine.

Rekord and Opala actually were not cousins, We can say, they were father and sons, and I always thougth that loses some refinamentes crossing the Atlantic, like the tail ligths, rectangular headligths, cockpit, but gained with a stronger suspention system, a more versatile engine, due to lower compression, and thicker steel panels. Opels were horrible with rust.

And the Opel Omega is a "grand routier" an excellent rear wheel drive car, developed mainly for long relaxed trips and many brothers (sisters?) on the world. Sometimes I see an Omega Suprema, (station wagon) black with lowered suspention, and is really cool.
Obrigado.