Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.j.fla View Post
Most likely a electrolytic went bang check caps for signs of venting. All the best,Tom.J
That's what I thought, thanks Tom. I'll have to move it and the GR-2000 before I can get a really good look behind it. I've had caps go up before and can recognize the smell and the smoke but I got neither in this case. I'm guessing the sound came from one of the multi-section cans.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

No vertical sweep check using scope for drive signals and also check pin. board for faults open on pin board will kill vertical sweep. All the best, Tom.J
Old 01-01-2017, 07:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wow! I can't believe you scored those sets. I have a Gr-2000 that my grandfather built in the late 70's. In 25 years of tv repair I have never seen another one. I will take a picture of the cabinet when I visit my mother's house next time. I also saved all the assembly and troubleshooting books from when the set was built. It would take me a little time to dig them up and scan them in but let me know if you need anything.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomponij View Post
Wow! I can't believe you scored those sets. I have a Gr-2000 that my grandfather built in the late 70's. In 25 years of tv repair I have never seen another one. I will take a picture of the cabinet when I visit my mother's house next time. I also saved all the assembly and troubleshooting books from when the set was built. It would take me a little time to dig them up and scan them in but let me know if you need anything.
Yeah, that would be great! Yeah, I can hardly believe it either. What's even crazier is that I got four big sets in five days, I doubt I'll break that record. What's next, a whole mess of NOS delta CRTs? Haha.

By the way, does anyone have a schematic at least for the GR-370? The thing's full of ham-fisted repair attempts so in some cases I don't know what original part values are. For instance, there's a big mess of electrolytics soldered together on the convergence board where there's supposed to be one. Also, there were two Sprague caps that go who knows where... come to think of it they're probably not original to the set, it's probably too old to have came with orange drops.

Last edited by Jon A.; 01-01-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-02-2017, 06:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

The cap that went bad in my GR2000's vertical board was C534, a 250uf. But it just quit without any smoke or smell.