Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Theory

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2022, 11:27 PM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
Did you get a chance to do these tests yet, and if so, did you get stereo audio from any devices and/or any of their outputs that I described?

Also, this "digital adapter" that does give you stereo sound... How does it work? That is, when it is connected to a TV set, how are channels selected/changed, in/on the box itself or with the TV set's tuner? Is it in fact connected to the TV set only with a screw-on cable/F-type connector?
I have not had the opportunity to swap the boxes around yet. The Digital Adapter works like a regular cable box in that you change channels using its own remote, and it is connected to your TV using (depending on the TV) either an HDMI port or a coaxial jack...there is no in-between, or any other connection options. Ours was connected with the coax jack, because the TV is a 27-inch CRT without HDMI. Recently, the cable company sent us a standard cable box to replace the Digital Adapter for this TV, and this cable box is now connected to the TV via composite RCA video and audio jacks. (Red, white, yellow) I'm not sure right now if we get stereo audio through that one, but if it's the same as the other two (and I'm sure it is) it will now be mono audio as well.