Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Pony Express

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Anyone near Montérégie / St-Pie QC?

A long shot but I'm out of options. I want a rare cable TV converter box, one like my neighbor had about 25 years ago, in its original box that's priced at only five dollars. I got no response in spite of sending a message in French and offering a lot more to pack and ship it. Anyone who can lay hands on it please let me know and I will compensate you instead.

Update: Victory is mine!!!

I asked an eBay acquaintance for help, I had dealt with him recently - and had been practicing French with him - and he lives about 45 minutes from where the converter was. Even he had difficulty getting a response from the incredibly stubborn seller. He had to deliver an antique truck earlier this week and picked up the converter on the same day which required a detour of about 20 minutes. I covered all costs which wasn't much really and threw in a little extra as well to express my gratitude. He then forwarded it to me and it got here in two days, amazing!

Funny how casual acquaintances can be a lot more helpful than so-called friends. That being said, you-know-who-you-are, you lose. I do deplore those who are cheap with their time and/or worship money so now that you're out of my life I'm better off. It was a long time coming. In conclusion, bite me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Philips Colour Voice 1000 retail box.jpg (64.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Jon A.; 03-17-2018 at 04:50 PM.