Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

truetone D-1845 record player

I have a truetone d-1845 am radio/record player from 1948 I am fixing for a friend. It is a heirloom and he wants the record player to work. I have got the AM workng great and I found a NOS ceramic cartridge that works in it. My last issue I am stumped on is the speed of the record. It seems to be going somewhere between 45 and 55 RPM. I have cleaned the unit and I also was able to replace the tire on the idler with a O ring that fits and seems to work .I did try a VCR idler tire that fit but it was a little thin. I did not try the VCR wheel since I have it running again. I noticed on the motor shaft it has a wire wrapped around the lower end like a spring. I can only think of two reasons for the spring. The first is to keep the idler from going down and the second reason is that the spring should be high enough that the idler runs on the spring. I have photos below. I am rusty on these old units, Last time I did much was at least 30 years ago. Does anyone have suggestions on making it go the correct RPM?