Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Finally no more with the diddle stick in the IF didn’t need all the alignment tools took long enough but it’s here. And it was the cable box I went and exchanged it. I’m still going to go over things like purity and convergence and color adjustments and try to get this set buttoned up. The pic is regular television.

Last edited by timmy; 04-24-2023 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:39 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post
Finally no more with the diddle stick in the IF didn’t need all the alignment tools took long enough but it’s here. And it was the cable box I went and exchanged it. I’m still going to go over things like purity and convergence and color adjustments and try to get this set buttoned up. The pic is regular television.
Hooray! It's good to see it working properly.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-21-2022, 12:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

congratz!
Old 12-21-2022, 12:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
congratz!
If you didn’t read that post on how I had things hooked up and if you had not mentioned you had the same problem I would probably never had thought that it was the cable box as all the didling I did in the IF I got to a point I couldn’t get the picture or the pattern any better which looked really good for not having alignment apparatus so I left it alone and hoped for the best since it was said it cannot be done visually. So thanks for that valuable info on the cable box and HDMI crap.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

I know these old color sets are not perfect but why is it that convergence is set up and good one day then a few days later the convergence is off alttle bit. Is there a cause why this happens.
Audiokarma
Old 12-26-2022, 06:20 PM
M is for Memory

Perhaps your local line voltage is changing a bit from day to day. B+ isn't regulated in these sets so changes in line voltage can change deflection and dynamic convergence...I've seen these effects in slow motion day to day change, and fast motion multiple sets running at the same time rapidly blooming in sync to dips in line voltage from the neighboring industrial park doing sketchy stuff.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-26-2022, 06:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Perhaps your local line voltage is changing a bit from day to day. B+ isn't regulated in these sets so changes in line voltage can change deflection and dynamic convergence...I've seen these effects in slow motion day to day change, and fast motion multiple sets running at the same time rapidly blooming in sync to dips in line voltage from the neighboring industrial park doing sketchy stuff.
Ok makes sense since I have an electric heater on the same line but the voltage don’t seem to change.