Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Cassette Collector

Late-70s video production and editing...

Thought this might be of interest to some of you. This was the last episode of the program - pretty cool and innovative that they devoted an entire episode to the behind-the-scenes technical aspects of production.

One has to wonder what became of the carefully maintained tape library...I'm not sure what PBS' track record is with retaining tape media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLYmlIW0II
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Good looking tape for starting on 3/4". No head switch visible at the bottom considering the early top-load Sony decks they were using to xfer to 2". What is the camera at 10:05 in? Has an almost NBC Nebraska logo on the side but an odd shape I cannot identify. A bit hard to see in this tape...and I was in the biz then. I first met CMX 2" editing in Phila a year or so after this program. Coming from the sticks it was up there with landing on the moon.