Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tan Zenith Royal 500B

I recently picked this up at a local antiques shop at a fair price. It's not flawless, but it cleaned-up nicely, works very well, and has it's cloth bag. The scarce tan color makes it special. It actually looks like pastel rose or pink rather than tan, in person. Although I'm not usually a portable transistor radio collector, I can see the appeal these early models have. Quite a quality little set!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:52 PM
M is for Memory

Those are excellent performers when working. The first gen of those were all hand wired.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-17-2015, 03:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Those are excellent performers when working. The first gen of those were all hand wired.
This one has the 7ZT40 revised chassis. It really does have great sensitivity and nice clear sound.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by decojoe67 View Post
This one has the 7ZT40 revised chassis. It really does have great sensitivity and nice clear sound.
I have a later version of that radio you have there, mine's from around 1959 or 1960 its the model that has the oval shaped speaker grill that's brass and has the partially hidden controls on top, and I agree that its definitely a very sensitive radio I was picking up stations from all across the country with mine some stations from the east and west coasts and everywhere in between!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I have a later version of that radio you have there, mine's from around 1959 or 1960 its the model that has the oval shaped speaker grill that's brass and has the partially hidden controls on top, and I agree that its definitely a very sensitive radio I was picking up stations from all across the country with mine some stations from the east and west coasts and everywhere in between!
That's a nice model too that you have. Transistor portables are at the bottom of my radio collecting interests, but I must say that these Zenith's are pretty impressive in both style and performance. I also have a '59 Royal 500 with the clear plastic knobs.
Audiokarma