Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Before spending $$ post a few good chassis pictures & the
exact symptoms.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Old 09-05-2020, 03:05 AM
creepingnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Before spending $$ post a few good chassis pictures & the
exact symptoms.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Actually, update, tonight I got the Mitsubishi working. Turns out it was a cold solder joint on a transformer near the power-on relay - used method of deduction to figure it out. Also touched up some other cold solder joints and badly done joints while I was in there. Actually, the cracked solder joint that likely was the culprit is very visible in the "Mitsubishi Chassis Underside" picture.

The Mitsubishi now powers on. I need to replace the power cord (frayed on one wire - did a bodge job just to test), the screen looks like it could use a good degaussing (or maybe I knocked something on/near the deflection yoke off kilter). Only real worrying thing is I did get a static-E type shock when turned off and even unplugged, very mild shock, but apparently able to leap quite a distance....so might be a bad discharge cap somewhere. May also need some final setup (focus methinks). I also cleaned it up real good while I was in there, the circuit boards were HORRIBLE - must have been the original dust from the original owner, lol.

The Magnavox is working great and not really having any issues. Did a mild focus adjustment and it's dead on crisp and nice despite the fact I have my NES and Atari 2600 going through it via RF as that's all It has. Gave a picture of it here just to show it off, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mitsubishi Working - Degauss?.jpg (121.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Mitsubishi Dirty Chassis.jpg (123.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Mitsubishi Cleaned Up and Reassembled.jpg (86.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Mitsubishi Chassis Underside.jpg (144.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Magnavox Working.jpg (90.5 KB, 39 views)