Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2017, 01:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

Since Tud1 wants to collect c.r.t. testers, I figured I would post this here. I have a Sencore CR143 tester that I purchased. I then realized that you must have the manual to operate it once I found that the instructions inside the cover were only basic and referenced the manual, so I had to buy the manual. In testing it, I found that it would not zero for some reason and without that, no test result is going to be accurate. It does power filaments or did on a couple of old sets I have, and it does give a reading which says that the meter is good.
I popped it open one day concerned with the zero function and found that a large electrolytic capacitor was warm. I opened a leg and it’s leaky as can be on a load tester. That’s not the zero problem though. At any rate, if anyone wants the thing I will let it go cheap. It is in nice condition with all cables needed to test most any c.r.t. (up to a certain generation I assume). Just PM if interested.
Audiokarma