Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2005, 03:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

To my opinion, colourizing B&W shows depends on how well the job is done. Christmas In Conneticut movie wasn't well done with the colourization so it looked rather bad, Gilligan's Island was pretty well done as it fooled me for 10 seconds though the fakeness can easily be detected, the Supreme's "Come See About Me" was very well done on the trio as whoever colourized it went to great lengths to get the fleshtones looking good though they neglected Ed Sullivan .

I like you guys prefer the real deal as in the shows initially being in colour in the first place but I find it interesting seeing how B&W shows would look in colour especially if they are earl B&W videotape recorded live TV shows of the late 1950s and early 60s. In Australia it would be good to see some videotapes of Graham Kennedy's "In Melbourne Tonight" of the early 60s colourized.

Cheers
Troy
Old 02-05-2005, 10:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

I Love Lucy color episode?

Steve K. mentioned in his post above the colorized I Love Lucy episode. There may have been one episode actually filmed and broadcast in color. Google search "Lucy in Color" and judge for yourself.

-Steve D.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

I did the Google search and sure enough, they did colorize the Christmas special that originally aired on Dec. 24, 1956 (in black and white). This episode was not part of the syndication package and was only broadcast twice since the original broadcast.
Here is a link: http://www.geocities.com/giftcard_ce...christmas.html

Steve