Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Tube Marantzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSE View Post
do you have adapters to hook up tape/phono? mine came with them, so terry will have to make me some RCA-tfk cables...
No, I don't have the adapters. Would have to work something out!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Drool...drool...Droool.....Green w/envy...Drool some more....
Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Love My Zenith Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooner View Post
BTW, my recollections of listening to shortwave radio in my younger years was one of the main reasons to buy the Opus.

My plan is to recreate the old Voice Of America Jazz Hour shows on mp3. With a good audio editor such as Audacity, I can put together a simulated vintage radio show.

They can be broadcast to the radio using a small AM transmitter I have at hand, or better yet using a Squeezebox network player and the tape/pick-up inputs of the radio.

Also, the Squeezebox can be used to receive internet broadcasts from around the word. Should be awesome to listen to them via the Opus 7. Talk about the best of both worlds: the classic tube sound of a vintage hi-fi radio plus the ability to listen to Internet radio streams!
I do this with my low power FM transmitter. I bring up the big band/swing stations on the internet and listen to them on the antique (and reproduction) radios around house. I've found old time radio shows with Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller and more along with comedy, drama, sci fi. It's cool to listen to them on the radio again. Shoutcast.com has several of the big band/swing stations.
New "old" radio collector since 2007
Old 10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
70cst

Geee...this should be interesting as I will be picking up my Opus 7 next week. I had the caps changed and gave it a minor tune up. Can't wait to hear it. When I bought it I was afraid to power it up w/o having it checked out fisrt. I hope to use it in my office.Sounds like the only difference in the 6 or 7 is audio adjustments if I read this thread correctly.