Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Important.....notice.....notice....notice..

In case ANYONE out there, in the DAyton area is interested, the place where the ctc 7 is, that is inn the dumpster behind the house, that the Bast*rds would NOT let me take(see ctc5 thread, today, by me), and in case anyone is daring enough to check out that dumpster, and face the old, grouchy man and woman, there are a LOT of old tv's and HI FI items in the dumpster, besides just the chasis and crt from the "7" or "9". SO, the address is

738 Elberon ave, Dayton Ohio. Elberon is Right off f of Smithville road,if you go north on smithville, elberon is on the left. and the house is a white house, in the center of a row of houses. go to the alley behind the houses,(there should still be a large dumpster behind it). I cannot risk it again, in my company van, and uniform, but, maybe some of you all can, and save some things.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

If anyone is going to check this let me know. If no one then I'll stop by Friday noon.
I'm more interested in the hi fi.
If you RCA2000 want the ctc or other let me know.
Doug
Old 08-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

What you byrds are plotting doing is illegal, immoral, & prolly fattening...and if I was there, I'd be right with you !!!<grin>-Sandy G.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Not up on Ohio law. But it seems to me the alley where the dumpster is located is public property. Just don't leave a mess. And bring some chocolate chip cookies for the meanies.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm assuming the dumpter is on his property and he's cleaning out his basement or garage.
Maybe upset that he has to get rid of it for some reason such as wife or moving.
Maybe he did try to sell it and nobody would by or give his price.
I've run accross people that would rather throw it away if they didn't get the price they wanted. Wait a minute I'm looking at myelf right now. (:
Audiokarma
Old 08-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Professional weirdo

Speaking as a lifelong dumpster diver, these people can be a pain to deal with. The "Hey! Get out of my yard you #@$&% kids!!" drives me nuts.

One time some jerk hassled me for taking an old laptop computer out of his trash. I got ticked off enough that I went back at 2AM and took all his trash two days before trash day. Sure I had to deal with some real garbage but I found some decent stuff. Besides I enjoy screwing with tiny-minded @ssholes.

One night I realized if I had access to a dumpster style trash truck, I could raid an entire dumpster at once. Would be nice for dumpsters that were full of goodies unless they were stuff like TVs and such.

So would somebody please raid this guy's dumpster and leave an anonymous note thanking him for his generous donation to the antique TV and hifi preservation club of America? Unless of course he has more in the basement and he might start smashing stuff just to be a jerk.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Dumpster allready gone!!!!!!!!!!!
I had an empty van with my ladder.Prepared eh
I talk to a neighbor he stated the old man had a shop or did repairs had passed away. Last week was the auction.
I assume since they had to pay for the dumpter they didn't want anybody to get freebies.
Just think if you were at the auction could have gotton the whole lot for a couple bucks with less damage to them.
But thanks for imformation.
Doug
Old 08-20-2004, 04:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, at least you tried.

But, I only hope that, sometime in the future, in some way, I will be able to PROPERLY THANK THOSE F*C*IN B*ST*ARDS for the way they acted toward me, and for sending god knows how many priceless old tv and hi-fi items, to a landfill!!(sorry about the "Near bad "language, but this has gotten me really REALLLY PI**ED!!)
Old 08-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Jack-No apologies necessary. I'm sure most of us here feel the same way. Sometimes the blatant stupidity of some folks is almost overwhelming....-Sandy G.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

My friend used to drive a truck for one of those companies, When one of the big three around here would clean out an office or storage area he would go back to the yard and pick through the stuff before going to the dump. Also said he had a guy that would give him 50.00 to do the same. What I am thinking here is maybe call the company that does this and offer them something for picking through it? If the dumpster went to the yard before the dump you MIGHT have a chance still! After all, It is Friday and most of those drivers just want to get home after a long week...
Audiokarma
Old 08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

A year ago or so Montgomery county( Dayton, Ohio area) was excepting bids ( they paid you to take it) for someone to properly dispose of electronics .
I thought this may be great side job untill they informed how many tons they got a year. The guy informed me that most of it wasn't in very good physical conditon by the time I would get it.