Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cheap Wards roundie in KC

During a little 'tiquing trip this weekend, I encountered a Monkey Wards color roundie console at an antique mall. Frankly, it's one of the most drab-looking roundie consoles I've ever seen, and has a rather "no-frills" appearance; probably a fairly last-gasp roundie set. It's definitely priced to sell though-- only ten bucks!

Dunno about operational condition, but I would guess that it is currently non-functional. The power cord is missing, and, after quickly removing the back cover (all but two of the screws were missing), I saw that the chassis had a pretty good coating of dust and grime, but it seems to be complete. The picture tube appears to be original. I also noticed a few boxed tubes tucked away at the side of the chassis, presumably left over from some prior attempt at repairing the set. I suspect the chassis is an RCA-clone, but I'm not familiar enough with them to be able to guess which chassis it might be. The cabinet is in okay-to-good condition for the most part, except for a bubbled-up section on the top. For ten bucks it might make a useful parts set for someone. Attached is a photo.

I wasn't all that interested in this particular TV (I don't think I would have had room for it anyway), but figured I'd mention it here in case someone in the K.C. area was interested. [Sorry-- I cannot go back to pick it up for anyone, as I don't live that near K.C.]

It's at the Brass Armadillo on I-70 near the eastern edge of the K.C. metro area. The TV is located roughly mid-way along the back wall of the store.