Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

1947 fada saga

hey all, yup im back again and still have not figured out why i cannot get any hv. the 6bg6 hot is cut off and i went over all caps and there locations that were changed as well as the values, all are right. i got another flyback from that era and the connections were the same but still no hv.double checked the values on the mica caps all are good. double checked tubes and tried subs still no hv.checked countless resistors, all checked good. sync loc coil for horiz in rear, ohms check perfect, linerity coil, perfect. rec tubes, damper voltages fine. screen voltage 280v, good, i believe it calls for 275v give or take alittle. what else in this old chassis could i be overlooking i have run out of things to look for as a cause. this is the rca 630 clone but its the same besides some cap values vary from fada to rca but i put back what i took out one by one. surely there must be someone out there that knows this chassis and the hv section and has heard of this problem befor. so please i am open to anything at this point as i am truly dead in the water on this one. if i am to look at a wave form but dont have a scope then there must be something else that can be done or checked. if the wave form was checked and there was NONE PRESENT then where would one go from there aside from what i already done. HELP..............