Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

radiotvnut, that makes sense, because when the HV shutdown occurs, it probably trips an internal relay, which makes the clicking sound.
Could you explain the lightbulb in series thing to me? I think I know what you are talking about, using the lightbulbs to control the voltage reaching the TV, but I just want to make sure of the procedure before I do it.
Also, I just got the service manual for this set yesterday, so if I am correct to think that SCR means "silicon-controlled rectifiction" then oh yes that power supply is definitly an intersesting one!

I just returned to college a couple of weeks ago, so I'll have to wait to the weekend before I can open this set up, but I'll keep you guys posted. I am glad to hear that my $15 "junker" is a good set. I am very impressed with the picture quality of this thing so far. It compares very well with our Sony Trinitron set (21 years old and still going, knock on wood).